Did you know…?
- Hemp is one of the earliest domesticated plants known.
- Hemp is one of the faster growing biomasses known, producing up to 25 tonnes of dry matter per 2.5 acres per year.
- For a crop, hemp is very environmentally friendly as it requires few pesticides and no herbicides.
- The U.S. Constitution was printed on hemp paper!
- Hemp is used for a wide variety of purposes including:
- Durable clothing
- Building materials
- Plastic and composite materials
- Nutritional products and more…
- Hemp started to be outlawed in 1919, starting with the state of Texas.